Xmas home cleaning
December 14, 2012 Cleaning Advices, Cleaning Stories, General cleaning, How to clean, Professional Cleaning
Here are some tips and trick for home cleaning before the holidays.
Make sure you have all the necessary detergents for the different surfaces and materials.
- I start my home cleaning with the bathroom. At some point everyone of my guests will visit it, so I give it a good scrub. Tiles, surfaces, mirrors, bathroom ware, everything must be shiny, without fingerprints or lime scale. Put clean towels, I usually put towels in green and red colour in line with the holiday spirit.
- Kitchen is my second target. I do a thorough cleaning of my all kitchen appliances a week before Christmas, so that on the Christmas day the only left to do is quick floor mopping.
- Get the glasses and the cutlery sparkling.
- Remove the cobwebs and clean the door and window sills in each room. Hoover and mop the floors the day before the event.
- Prepare the guest room. If you have a spare room and it is filled with clutter, do your best to tide it up and air it.
- Clear out and donate. If you have children, undoubtedly there are plenty of unnecessary toys and clothes. Best thing you can do is donate them. Both de-cluttering and charity will make you feel really good.
- Place scented candles all around the sitting room. Flickering candlelight and delicious scents like chocolate, coffee, vanilla or cinnamon will set warm holiday atmosphere. If there is a smoker among your guests, the candles will absorb the cigarette smell.
- Enjoy the holiday! Don’t be overstressed because of the family dinner preparation. If you feel anxious, you are doing it wrong. Home cleaning could be part of the fun, if you play some cheerful music and do it together as a game with little rewards.
- If you don’t have the time, call a cleaning company. Professional home cleaning gives the best results, and the best part is that you don’t have to lift a finger.