How to prepare our house for sale or rent
When you vacate a property, moving in or moving out, there is always the requirement for deep end of tenancy cleaning. To help you with that we provide you with detailed list of items need to be cleaned in order to clean thoroughly everywhere.
We use this list with to-dos in our job and truth to be said, we never have complains from the end of tenancy cleaning result. Give it a try if you want to increase your house value on the market or just because you are a cleaning perfectionist.
Full list of end of tenancy cleaning duties when preparing your house for rent or sale:
- Wash all the windows from inside and outside.
- Dust and damp wipe the shutters, blinds and window treatments.
- Clean, repair and seal (or reseal) the grout lines in bathrooms and toilets.
- Donate or throw out the unnecessary furniture, clothes, technics and other items. Clean and tidy the garage, attic, closets, basement.
- Hoover and wipe down the walls and baseboards, hoover the ceilings.
- De-grease and clean all kitchen appliances inside and out (defrost and clean the freezer). Don’t forget to hoover and wipe the cables and power cords (when plugged out).
- Steam (or dry) clean the upholstered furniture, drapery, mattresses, carpets and rugs.
- Hoover and damp wipe the outside furniture, sunshades, umbrellas and light fixtures.
- Clean, seal or reseal the natural stone floors, worktops or other surfaces (sinks, bathtubs, etc).
- Scrape and repaint the ceilings (especially in the bathrooms), touch-up or repaint the walls and baseboards.
- Clean out the gutters and sweep out the top of the roof.
- Power wash the patio, porch floors, side walks, driveway, deck and exterior walls.
- Apply spray paint to touch-up outside heat lamps and metal furniture.
- Oil all the hinges.
- Move the decorations and other things from the shelves and cupboards, clean and wipe.
- Polish the mirrors.
If you still have enough energy, continue to:
- Clean and repaint your fence and front gate.
- Place new pots with fresh flowers to the entrance of the house.
- Reseed and fertilize your lawn.
- Clear out the outside flower beds from weeds, old or “leggy” plants.
- Replant annual flowers and fertilize the perennials.
- Wipe down the tops of the wardrobes and cupboards.
- Buy new or reupholster the old cushions and throw pillows for the beds and sofas.
- Sanitize the door handles, tv remotes, towel rails, toilet seats.
- Remove the mailbox and house numbers, clean and paint.
- Clean and remove (as possible) the oil stains from the driveway.
- Clear and organize your file cabinet.
- Add new towels in the bathrooms and kitchen.
- Place new flowerpots as a complement to the décor.
If you need some more help with end of tenancy cleaning to prepare your house for sale or rent, we’ll be glad to give you fresh staging ideas and additional pointers. With unburdened glance on your property we could advice you on the small details that could make your house outstanding and easily saleable.