Cleaning the furniture at home
Cleaning tricks for furniture cleaning:
- To clean varnished and polished furniture you can boil a pint of beer with a piece of wax. Apply the warm mixture on the furniture and leave it to dry and then wipe with a soft cloth.
- You can also use some vegetable oil. Apply a few drops on a soft cloth and rub the surface of the furniture.
- If you have put a hot iron kettle on the table, take a cotton cloth, put some salt on it, soak it with some vegetable oil and rub in a circular motion until the spot disappears. Old stains can be covered with a mixture of salt and vegetable oil and rub with a woolen cloth after 2-3 hours.
- You can clean stains off your furniture with some milk and a cloth. Rub until it is completely dry.
- Water stains will disappear from the enamelled surface, if you put some flour and rub it with soft cloth with some vegetable oil on it.
- Mahogany furniture will look better if you firstly wipe them down with a damp cloth, then with a dry linen cloth.
- Heavily soiled non-polished furniture can be cleaned with a solution of warm water and soap. Then the furniture should be wiped down with a dry cloth till it is completely dry. Do not use products that are specifically designed for polished furniture on the unpolished one, as they will leave grease stains on it that will be difficult to remove.
- Leather furniture could be easily cleaned with a damp cloth and some scrambled protein.
- Soda water can help you remove coffee, tea or wine stains from your upholstery. Pour some of it on the stain, then put some paper towel to absorb the stain. Do not rub, just leave it to absorb it.