8 Uses for Your Steam Cleaner at Home
We are lucky to live in a time when the variety of gadgets tailored to make our lives easier is incredible. We can talk to a person living across the country for free, share thoughts and pictures in the social networks, travel from one country to another in a matter of hours, etc. Let’s concentrate on the more practical aspect of the technologies, though. Now, we have a plethora of devices for household purposes.
Depending on the amount of money you can invest, your efficiency while performing your household chores can be greatly improved. Speaking of “tools” tailored to make one’s daily routine easier, we cannot skip the steam cleaner. It has become a widespread, eco-friendly solution and if you keep reading, you will get familiar with some of its numerous applications around the house:
- Contrary to a popular belief, steam cleaners are not suitable only for carpet cleaning. In point of fact, they are more convenient alternatives of the powerful pressure washers used for patio and driveway cleaning. As its name implies, the steam cleaner helps you lift the accumulated dirt without any chemicals but with the help of hot water and steam – it releases high-pressure steam. In this respect, it is the perfect cleaning tool for your oven and hob. Admit it that you hate scrubbing the grease inside the oven and then spending some more time in wiping down the dirt. If you invest in a steam cleaner, the entire oven cleaning process will be considerably optimised.
- Apart from cleaning the oven, you can also use your steamer for cleaning the garden barbecue. However, it is important to mention that the steamers are not really suitable to use in a wet weather. So, keep that in mind if you are planning to clean the barbecue.
- In case your freezer does not have a self-defrosting feature, you have to do that manually. In this case, you can either use a hair dryer to accelerate the ice meltdown or use a steamer. The ice will start falling off in big chunks literally in seconds. In addition, the hot steam disinfects the freezer. Basically, having a steam cleaner makes the usage of any specialised detergents for disinfecting your freezer absolutely useless.
- Window cleaning might not be your favourite cleaning chore, but clean windows speak volumes of the efforts you make towards keeping the property neat. The steam cleaner is a perfect tool for window cleaning. It not only keeps the water on the window, so it does not run down on the surfaces but also prevents those irritating streaks. Once again, the usage of a steam cleaner makes the usage of a glass cleaning product unnecessary. All you need to do is to use the special window cleaning attachment most steam cleaners have and then wipe with a microfiber cloth.
- Vacuuming and mopping are barely enough for keeping the floors clean and germ-free, but if you use a steam cleaner, you may rest assured that 99% of all bacteria is eliminated. Steam cleaners are suitable for all kinds of flooring materials. They are irreplaceable when it comes to cleaning tiles and especially the grout in between the tiles.
- Although professional upholstery cleaning is considered the most effective method for eliminating germs and removing debris from the sofa, running a steam cleaner along the sofa surface is a fantastic maintenance approach. Make sure the steam cleaner you buy has a special attachment for upholstered sofas and chairs. In order to avoid damages, try cleaning a small area first. If it works out well, go ahead and clean the entire sofa.
- Few people pay attention to the mattresses they sleep on and that’s one of the greatest mistakes one can make. As the time passes, mattresses accumulate dirt and dust, not to mention the body oils and the mites that can lead to some serious medical conditions. Even if your mattress looks clean, regular sanitising is a must. Once again, the steam cleaner comes to your rescue. The steamers, intended for domestic purposes might not be as powerful as the commercial ones, but they can definitely help you establish a mite and bacteria-free environment in your bedroom.
These were some of the most widespread applications of your steam cleaner, but you can also use it for cleaning some difficult to access areas. How often do you clean the limescale accumulated around the taps? Probably not as often as needed. In this case, the steamer can help you lift the dirt and mineral deposits and restore the original shine of the faucets. Last but not least, you’d better invest in a more expensive steam cleaner that will serve you well for a long time and you will get the best value for your money.